Your Place for Quality Crowns & Bridges
If your tooth has been negatively impacted by severe decay or trauma, it can leave you wondering what dental options are available to restore your bite's functionality. At Warehouse District Dental Focus on Smiles, our dental team is passionate about providing you with quality crowns and bridges to restore one or multiple teeth. We look forward to meeting you and learning which of our services fit your unique oral health needs.
We know how frustrating it can be to receive dental work and feel like you're being left in the dark about what's happening. That's why a hallmark of our practice is taking the time to break down what crowns and bridges entail and answer any questions you may have. Call us or visit our office in person to schedule your next appointment and get the Edmonton dental crowns or bridges you deserve!
CALL US: (587) 405-4587 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
What Are Dental Crowns & Bridges?
If the functionality of your tooth is compromised due to extensive damage, dental crowns are a viable solution to restore your smile. A dental crown is essentially a cap that encases a damaged tooth, preventing it from further damage and decay while simultaneously maximizing its aesthetics.
If you have several missing teeth in a row, it is vital that you address the gaps promptly, as it can cause misalignment amongst the remaining teeth. Dental bridges are an ideal, non-removable solution to filling such gaps. They are attached to the teeth adjacent to gaps, retaining them in their proper position.
Our Crown & Bridge Placement
If it is determined that you are a candidate for a dental crown or bridge upon examination of your gums and teeth, a local anesthetic is applied so the teeth can be prepared to support the restoration. Next, we'll take detailed digital impressions of your teeth. We'll then send your impressions to a skilled lab technician who will fabricate a precise Edmonton dental crown or bridge that will fit appropriately. During this time, we will provide you with a temporary restoration to protect your teeth and gum from damage in the interim. Once completed, you return to have the restoration bonded or cemented to your teeth. Additionally, we provide CEREC® same-day crowns that allow us to streamline the process and give you restorations in one appointment.
Benefits of Crowns & Bridges
During your first visit with our general dentist, we'll sit down with you and outline some of the benefits of our restorative options. From helping prevent your remaining teeth from shifting out of place to improving the aesthetics of your smile, there are various benefits you should consider. Some of the benefits of our Edmonton dental bridges and crowns include the following:
- Preventing teeth from shifting out of place and further tooth decay
- Restoring your bite functionality by replacing lost teeth or repairing damaged teeth that were once essential to a proper bite
- Bettering the health of your bite by distributing the force equally
- Boosting your self-confidence and enhancing your smile
3 Types of Dental Crowns
There are three types of dental crowns that we provide as options to our patients. The crown type you need depends on cosmetic goals, daily habits, financial restrictions, and current oral health conditions.
- Porcelain dental crowns, including CEREC® and Zirconia crowns, have been shown to be of comparable strength to full gold crowns and are the most aesthetically pleasing and natural-looking crowns.
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns are more durable than pure porcelain while retaining a natural aesthetic. Consequently, these are the most commonly applied dental crowns.
- Gold dental crowns are still used under specific circumstances. Due to their color, patients are hesitant to have gold dental crowns placed on their teeth. However, they provide the greatest longevity and durability, making them an ideal solution for patients who grind and clench their teeth.
Edmonton Dental Crowns & Bridges for You
At Warehouse District Dental Focus on Smiles, we're passionate about helping restore the smiles of our patients through quality Edmonton dental crowns and bridges. Whether a single tooth is damaged or multiple teeth have been compromised by decay, our team has the skills to help your smile look and feel its best. We'll also give you the information you need to make informed and confident decisions about your oral health. Contact us today to schedule your next appointment with our general dentist and their friendly team!
CALL US: (587) 405-4587 REQUEST APPOINTMENT